Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rocky
Rocky

Megalithic and Portable Rock Art Same Location Empty Megalithic and Portable Rock Art Same Location

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:56 pm
This short video of my kayak trip shows a number of megalithic effigies which can only be seen from a small boat.

A few examples of portable rock art found on a small shoreline inside the gorge, within a few hundred feet of the effigies.
The megalithic rock art adds credibility to the portable rock art
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Tigs38, amytaylorlangston@gmail.c and houndofrock like this post

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c

Megalithic and Portable Rock Art Same Location Empty Re: Megalithic and Portable Rock Art Same Location

Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:34 pm
The top right one looks a lot like some depictions of alien. Don't know what u guys think but I personally believe I see some figures with what looks to be alien like having antenna.
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Megalithic and Portable Rock Art Same Location Empty Re: Megalithic and Portable Rock Art Same Location

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:16 pm
The ochre? on the top right looks freshly deposited.
Rocky
Rocky

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:26 pm
We are all aliens. Carl Sagan said, “The cosmos is within us. We are made of star stuff.”
https://www.rockartmuseum.com/i-see-rock-people

All these above figure stones were found within a 20 feet of my kayak shown in the above photo. I have many others with ocher. That one is by far the brightest. It was found farther up from the water line.

This one has ocher which is very faded, with almost unnoticeable effigies until it's software enhanced. Found about a 1/2 kilometre from the above one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Daniel

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:54 pm
Hello all, and especially to Rocky. I'm on the Bay of Fundy and fascinated by the examples you've posted. I've been finding thousands of carved objects here, so many that the gravel of entire beaches seems entirely carved, even after guarding against pareidolia. I'm actually surprised by how different what I'm seeing is to most of your finds that I've seen so far. Effigies, megaliths, and prehistoric landscaping is evident everywhere here, and the government is trying to pretend that the plethora of ancient sites on the Fundy Trail are the product of scattered caribou hunters 7,000 years ago. If you pick up a stone at the site they're talking about it will have a mammoth (usually doubled) on it. There is so much that there must have been thousands of people for thousands of years. I have a megalith on my front lawn and my house sits on a ridiculously rich site. I found two thousand artefacts in a small sewage trench I had to open, and even more exciting, and possibly disturbing, coastal erosion has been throwing massive amounts of ancient wooden objects onto the beach - bows carved with mammoths, carvings of animals and of the "Green Man" (I think this is your devil, by the way), many carved pipes, totems, wands, and even a mast from a boat. Every storm brings a new shoal of prehistoric detritus. And the beach here is entirely composed of carved bone and both green and petrified ivory. Some of the images are highly naturalistic, while others are dimorphs or grotesques of faces and animals. Projectile points are very numerous and clearly pre-Clovis (or non-Clovis). I have been able to nearly perfectly reproduce a collection of Cresswellian tools with my own examples from here.

My objects represent a very wide time frame, and I do find what the professional archaeologists would designate "Clovis." But I completely reject any claim of a Clovis connection to the inter-glacial, late-Dryas survivors of the glacial onset. These objects are often over carvings of earlier objects, but they also produced complex representational art completely different, and to my mind more barbaric, that the massive midden that they lived on. I suspect this population was tiny in comparison to the earlier palaeolithic presence.

I have also found tools embedded in limestone that appear to be wooly-mammoth teeth. These objects all seem to be made for physically tiny people, and the geology suggests great age. But the images, though stylistically strangely child-like, anticipate the images on what I take to be the later culture or cultures nearby. The mammoth cult dominates all of these sites, but the death's head is everywhere, and the over-carving is obsessed with the cosmic serpent that pretty clearly refers to the Dryas comet and its attendant cataclysm.

Anyway, in haste. I'll try to post a few pictures. My impression of most of your objects is that they are early. I don't detect the same elements I see on mammoth-culture objects here on the Orange Coast (between Black River and Alma). And high-shouldered elephants that I see you often find are rare and associated with early contexts here. But it may be that population density in the immediate pre-cometary period was large enough to hide the earlier materials. I do have examples like yours, but they are less typical. Having yourself seen thousands of these things, I know you probably understand the way generalisations about style and frequency emerge.

I'm particularly interested in the amulets that turn up here. They are usually phantasmagoric in the extreme. The idea they were taking mushrooms or some other drug seems likely. And the microlithic pictograms are often densely applied to objects, often in different hands and styles and on a tiny scale. I don't know how you brush your objects, but I find a make-up duster, after brushing with paint brushes, is good for recovering fine detail, although often only temporarily. I soak and gently scrub as well. Mineral or baby oil also recovers detail.

Anyway, good luck with your work and all the best. More anon.
Daniel

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:03 pm
Sorry, I meant to add that often the oil activates trace ochre and brings out painted or incised colour. Counter-clockwise brushing from right to left as the object is turned along the edges of its facets works best for me. Ochre nodules sometimes break and smear the surface if you brush against the grain.

Rocky
Rocky

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 am
For the newbies I reposted your comments here https://www.rockartmuseum.com/portable-rock-art-bay-of-fundy-canada with hyperlinks to some of the reference terms.
For those who don't know the Bay of Fundy is in eastern Canada.
Looking forward to see some photos of your finds
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:36 am
Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum, like wise I would also appreciate seeing those finds, I also conquer that there is a huge population over vast time periods determinable through examination of gravel deposits, In the UK they are dated to the 10s of Millions of years old, although I am suspicious of much of geology, and yes small stature people perhaps only a couple of feet tall. Ive urged Rocky to investigate golden Gravel, because its actually better evidence than his usual grey rock finds, workmanship does not have to be guessed at, as the properties and working of flint is thoroughly researched and already tied to prehistoric cultures. Just take a look at the banner above (if your not on mobile) and intentional flake removal is obvious in some of those gravel finds.

If your interested in the smaller statue people you may want to read this thread where I demonstrate my paleo art lexicon can be found in small stone tools attributed to the "hobbit" and other much more 'modern' finds found in India, my prehistoric symbology research is proving to be the most important discovery in paleo anthropology, Paleo flint tools contain art, the art has common conventions and topologies ergo language like.....

https://eoliths.forumotion.com/t395-mass-grave-of-ancient-race-of-dwarfs-discovered
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum