Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
StacyF

Portable rock art with imbedded diamonds.  Empty Portable rock art with imbedded diamonds.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:30 pm
Has anyone else found possible diamonds imbedded in the portable rock art? I have noticed that in the majority of my findings there are various sizes of crystal clear stones, especially used for eyes but also randomly placed in holes in the rocks. I purchased a rather inexpensive diamond tester and most of the clear stones test positive for diamonds. Of course I realize that I'm not a jeweler or anything close to one and I also realize the cheap tester is not reliable. But there is one rather large colorful rock I found in the same area that looks almost identical to one I saw online that was verified as having authentic diamonds. If not for this finding I would not be asking what I would normally deem as an outlandish question. I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts.
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Portable rock art with imbedded diamonds.  Empty Re: Portable rock art with imbedded diamonds.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:09 am
Hi Stacy, I have one find with an embedded crystal in, set in a limestone elephant / humanoid head sculpture, I have not tested it, but it also appears worked so I doubt it to be diamond. I have pondered the use of diamonds in working the stones, this is perhaps how some of the markings etchings in the flint may have been produced. I do look out for diamonds on my find site, which would be in the natural form of an octrahedral shape, these have been found on other prehistoric sites in the UK.

Portable rock art with imbedded diamonds.  DSCN8893_1200x
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum