Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Alan Day and his Knob........ Empty Alan Day and his Knob........

Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am
Back in November Rocky alerted me to a personnel attack and some unwarranted criticism of both of our websites and corresponding research.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alan Day has since removed my elephant flint tool picture from his site though, but as far as I am aware still has a similar critique posted.

1, If Alan is unable to recognize flint tools and human workmanship in my finds, then he is possibly in the wrong field of study.

2, He is labeling my site as a 'Knock off' I have gained nothing from his study, my research is for the most part independent, and is based on my finds and observations thereof.

3. He claims paredolia is responsible for the images in my finds, so finds with sometimes 3 or more accurate images in flint tools are imagined?, and finds that show little resemblance to what Alan claims are real??? if that were the case and good likeness's could be found randomly, prehistoric man need never modify stones for figuration, and just search and find the desired likeness.

4. Alan puts in an ad hominem attack, claiming my site is semi-literate... websites have no literary skill, so its a personal attack against myself. My dyslexia, poor grammar and spelling have absolutely nothing to do with the validity of my finds, claims and research.

5. Alan puts forward my claims of 'proof', well yes as far as I am aware nobody has put forward such good evidence as myself, and looking at Alans site it is often mentioned that what he finds is unaccepted, so what this study needs is proof, which I have repeatedly provided.  

6. Alan ignores professional and qualified input to my study and research, maybe he should actually read all the content.

7. Alan claims a lack of even a rudimentary understanding of scientific method, science is what we can observe and test and demonstrate, this is what I do.

8. Alan seems to mock the idea of finds showing suspected dinosaur figuration, this is whats called an honest study, I show what I find, if i found sponge bob, I would show you.

So this is not an honest critique at all, and appears all borne out of jealousy, unprofessionalism, failure in his research and success in mine.
Baggy
Baggy

Alan Day and his Knob........ Empty Re: Alan Day and his Knob........

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:24 pm

Don’t worry Brett.

For someone who is trade is supposed to be a software engineer
he didn’t half make a balls up of his website.

Does seem to have a jealousy factor to his comments.

Brett
Brett
Admin

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:12 pm
Yes Baggy, it's funny really, his statements on ink blots demonstrates a complete lack of understanding also, I could go on and on about how wrong he is, but I feel he is just after some attention.
Greglafla

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:08 am
I have noticed a tendency of people to be competitive about their knowledge and quality of finds in this field. I wonder if the personality type which can believe their own eyes when everyone tells they are seeing things is inclined to be competitive also? Either way, poor form on his part. He may have been first, but I didn’t discover rock art because of his site, I discovered his site because I started finding rock art. There are so few people putting effort into promoting rock art, they should be working together like Rocky and yourself. I appreciate your efforts which have allowed us all a place to share and discuss, only a few years ago it was hard to find any info on the subject.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:29 pm
Well said, it really was a sorry state of affairs when I joined the fray, at the time nothing could compare vs complexity, quantity of images per piece, and quality of images, even then 3 out of the 4 active players hit me with negative coments, which is really really sad, if I had nothing then, they had absolutely nothing. Ursel was the only honest researcher, she welcomed my finds, admitted I had something special in the field, and agreed with all my preliminary findings at the time. Johnston has dropped out as far as i can tell, Wilson seems he cannot even be honest in his paper or views, and Day, well his comments say it all. They messed up bad, with a little help this thing could have been finished by me long ago....
Rocky
Rocky

Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:17 am
Portable rock art has been known in the US for close to a hundred years. Example - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been excavated since 1929  "...more than one hundred engraved stones - amongst the earliest art in the Americas." However the general public was not privy to most of these finds by academia. Alan Day's website was one of the first well known portable rock art sites for the masses. However today there are many, I have a published list of 80 plus, including his. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was first created in 2016 due to the vast amount of portable rock art I found locally and began a quest of researching the who, what, when, and why of portable rock art. It was certainly not modeled after his site, which should be obvious. Many hundreds of articles were read before presenting any hypothesis. Since my site was first published it continues to evolve and all constructive criticism is welcome, in fact encouraged. If any of my statements can be proven wrong I will  correct them. I may or may not agree with the many different theories presented by others, but having meaningful discussions to get to the truth, benefits everyone. Unlike the many fellow amateur and professional researchers that I have engaged with, Alan has never responded to my emails.

Alan has doubled down on his unfounded "criticisms", yet has not fixed any broken links on his site that I pointed out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Brett
Brett
Admin

Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:06 pm
Im not even sure of what Alan has added to the study, he certainly is not demonstrating what I find, are his finds even figure stones from my understanding of the term ...NO, yes he does appear to have portable rock art. You can publish that list of websites in this section if you want Rocky, we can go through them and see if there theories have credibility with what they demonstrate in there finds....
Rocky
Rocky

Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:12 pm
List of Portable Rock Art Websites Globally
81 sites dedicated to and or articles on portable rock art
The list is at the bottom of this page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum