Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va Empty Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:40 am
I've found that most of the stones I find have a human face on them, I'm thinking it's to honor or it's the artist. This one has a large female in it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
What specifics indicate tool marks. I have most of pics.
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va Empty Re: Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va

Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:08 pm
Thats actually very difficult to answer, flake removal is the key feature, and repetition of the same is the very basic technique recognized in flint tool assemblages, however just because we don't  have neat little scale effect flake removals, it does not mean flakes were not deliberately removed. Bulbs of percussion and ripples and cited in books on the subject that these are indicative of human agency in flint, however this certainly does not rule out items in flint that do not show these features. Parallel linear flake removals are a great indicator of deliberate agency as probability almost completely rules out such events could happen randomly, coupled with an even patina or no determinable difference thereof in the patina would also indicate that those flake removals happened in one proximal time period.

Last edited by Brett on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brett
Brett
Admin

Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va Empty Re: Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va

Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:15 pm
This does appear to show human agency, and also could be interpreted as the elephant front half motif, often described on my blog. Turn CCW 90 degrees, motif facing right.
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:29 pm
Thank for the reply and info, in learning daily from reading the posting on this site. Do you have any suggestions on how/where I can educate myself. I'm clueless to where to start, I've been collecting since I was 14, never paying much attention to detail. For the last 5+ years I see art everywhere in nature.

Anil likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:42 pm
Probably best to read everything on https://eoliths.blogspot.com/ You can view the older posts by clicking the very small arrows (if on computer) right near the bottom of the page, best information specifically on figure stones anywhere. If you want information around the subject try the rock art museum, it is very comprehensive, link found on the right of my eoliths page, the other links there are also very useful, some very good articles in PCN, and why you should not believe the textbooks on evolution, and Origins has lots of figure stone finds from other older researchers and papers from the author James Herrod. I would steer clear of Alan Day and Richard Wilson, both are liars, and deceivers, They wont Sue cos they Know its the Truth.
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:26 pm
Thanks again
Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:30 pm
Your welcome, please share more of those thumb and hand shaped finds if you get them.
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 pm
I got loads of rocks and photos all over the country
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va Empty Found in Maryland

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 am
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:13 am
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 am
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va Empty Found in Southern California

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:50 pm
Kancerous1
Kancerous1

Cat like animal fishing, found in Arlington, Va Empty More from Southern California

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:40 am

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum