Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
amytaylorlangston@gmail.c

Garden magic  - Page 4 Empty Re: Garden magic

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:46 pm
Garden magic  - Page 4 20201197
Garden magic  - Page 4 20201198
amytaylorlangston@gmail.c

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:50 pm
Garden magic  - Page 4 20201199
Garden magic  - Page 4 20201100
Tigs38
Tigs38

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:05 am
This very cool i have little versions of this.
Tigs38
Tigs38

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 pm
Garden magic  - Page 4 Img_2389
Tigs38
Tigs38

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:05 pm
Garden magic  - Page 4 Img_2389Garden magic  - Page 4 Img_2390
Tigs38
Tigs38

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:07 pm
Garden magic  - Page 4 Img_2392Garden magic  - Page 4 Img_2391Garden magic  - Page 4 Img_2391
Tigs38
Tigs38

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm
Garden magic  - Page 4 Img_2393
rockstar1

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:56 pm
Hi Garden Magic:  I really like photo number 6.  That piece is a keeper.  It is a piece of petrified ivory carved by an Neanderthal 30-260,000 years ago.  You have a perfect side profile/silhouette of a mammoth at the top of this artifact.  You can see the trunk, domed head, complete with a gentle slopping back, hallmarks of the species.  It is white which is the preferred color for a spiritual ceremony piece.  The mammoth is sharply defined, in other words a great deal of care was taken to establish these sharp edges.  The interior of the mammoth has been carefully polished and smoothed by hand and was probably done with some rawhide impregnated with fine river silt which is what I would have used to polish and finish this piece. This finished smoothed area was used to rub with the thumb in order to aid in the release of the unseen spirit from the recently killed animal to exit into spirit word so that it would ultimately safely return to earth and enter the body of a newborn calf, a recycling of spirits if you will.  In their mind these ceremonies were critical to their survival and future access to plentiful game.  They recorded each ceremony by carefully marking them with a notch, scoop mark or in your case dotted (seen to the left of this mammoth) with blood, fecal material or iron ore fluids.  The checked pattern (indicative of petrified ivory) within the mammoth appears stained with red and represents the blood where the spirit resides.  Great find and promise me you will treasure it for the rest of your life and pass it on to a family member when the time comes.  Lovely piece.  Brad - rockstar1

Tigs38 likes this post

rockstar1

Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:56 am
Hi Garden Magic:  I thought that I would decipher 2 more of your artifacts for you that you have posted on this page however if you post some more for the general viewing audience in the future, I'm only going to comment on the most striking pieces that you present. I'll give others their chance to grapple with the artifacts you collect. I still have bucket loads that I have collected over 15 years ago that I haven't even inspected yet myself .  Some are cut and chipped from the most beautiful red, yellow and orange combination agate that this country has to offer and I collected them all myself.  It is much more fun to collect in the field than examine and decipher these artifacts, but both phases are very important.  Anyway # 6 image ( posted Oct. 2020) are two mammoths where one is mounting the other.  It is fairly well defined, particularly the bottom mammoth example. They are highlighted in brown which represents the blood from the wounds that contain the spirit.  It is not what you think.... as the top mammoth is in fact the spirit that is in the process of exiting the body of the mammoth below.  I have many, many and many examples of this action from all over the world and if you collect long enough you will have more. In the lower mammoth, one you can see some stubs that represent the feet and I like the fact that the artist highlights the separation at the end on the trunk where the nostrils are  located.  In the second example (posted Oct. 20 2020 at 5:00 AM---photo #Cool you have a stone that was dug out and shaped in the form of a mammoth. The underlying brown color of the rock is exposed.  It is brown (blood) and the the spirit is that small white glossy diamond shape object that is highly polished and has exited the body (located between the head and upper trunk) and is about to be released to the spirit world.  There was a lot of polishing and inscription put into this white piece in order to define and outline this spirit.  This is very cool, but the general artwork is very average. Because of this it is probably very early Neanderthal. Have fun with your artifacts !!!!!
rockstar1

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:01 am
Update--- how that emoji overwrote the number 8 (image Cool I'll never know but it did.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum