Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Judy E
Judy E

Unfinished??? Empty Unfinished???

Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:04 pm
This one has obviously a worked piece except not the artist was finished either! Which i am finding it could be the case! At one attempt to get some knowledge on these type artifacts (head guru dismissed me imagination was reason) but the other 2 people had looked at some stuff and i had what appeared to be like a signature on 3 different pieces and knew where they work! He thought i lived on what he called a manufacturing site! I am really thinking he may be correct! Plus i have found broken pieces where art was not affected by break almost like a trophy getting engraved! Some of the people living here are amazing artist Judy Unfinished??? F78efc10
Unfinished??? 673fa710
Unfinished??? B662e510

Greglafla, Anil and Kancerous1 like this post

Greglafla

Unfinished??? Empty Re: Unfinished???

Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:31 pm
Looks like it might be a core, a piece they knocked flakes off to make tools. In paleo times they were mobile so they would travel with a piece like that and knock off small sharp pieces to use as needed. Often the core had a tool function as well.
Judy E
Judy E

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:42 am
I am not sure about the core as this type of rock is on the site naturally but i know little about those! I did think cores were quarried to take with them! Since these rocks are prevalent here would they have cores if they lived on the site with any type of stone they needed! Just unclear on cores! But repurposed tools are definitely part of the ancient man’s culture. I find broken pieces that have been reworked to use another way! This could be a quarry site just because of the rock deposits here! The fossils and shells are incorporated in some of the art! If i was better at photographing the rocks i would probably be able to pin point areas that i question on a particular piece! Because u can bet that every design has been reproduced in all sizes. The more i learn the more i don’t know and for a science to make a blanket statement on a culture or even a tribe of small numbers is absurd! As man apparently was more cognitive than i was taught in school and the timeline is skewed too! Judy E

Greglafla and Anil like this post

Greglafla

Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:42 am
The place I found most of my stuff was a quarry I believe, you can see the quartzite sticking out if the bedrock and pieces laying around all over the place. If you are on a manufacturing site you are likely at or close to the source of the material. I think core is just a blanket term for a hunk of rock they used some of for tools, whether it travelled with them or not: Interesting your site seems the same type of situation as mine.

Judy E likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:16 am
Really good elephant front half and hand combo at the top......
Unfinished??? F78efc10

Kancerous1 likes this post

Judy E
Judy E

Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:34 pm
Thanks Brett! My home sits on some serious rock! When the phone lines were run some places it is literally couple of inches underground and some places not even that. Thank goodness we now no longer have to deal with those! Strangest thing is ALL TYPES OF ROCKS ARE UTILIZED FOR THE ART! Until i lived here i was not aware of the art or that it appears older than what is accepted by archeological society! I mean if man came migrated here only 13,000 ago why is there artifacts made like oldewan! If that style died out 300,000 years ago! It is so confusing! Frustrating as well when specifically if trying to date something! Thanks Judy
Brett
Brett
Admin

Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:48 pm
Yes certain things are hard to accept, but it looks like they have it all wrong, Elephants here in the UK are supposed to be over 100k ago, crocodiles over 35 million, and dinosaurs over 65 million, the art is fact, so this means these profs have been paid millions of tax payers $$$$ and produced a pile of falsehood, I want a refund Very Happy
Judy E
Judy E

Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:45 pm
Exactly Brett! It is amazing how i have always thought of. Sciences meaning to study and learn about a given subject! Save archeological science that is! Some of the “educated” seem to not realize that the education they have is based on false facts simply because if the arrogance of the founders in this field deciding that all is known about mankind’s progress through the world! Yet NO ONE CAN TELL WITH ABSOLUTE ACCURACY WHAT A DAY IN THE LIFE OF ANCIENT MAN WAS LIKE! Other than we know these facts to be true (1) he hunted food and that can be berries to bears (2) he drank fresh water (3) he procreated (4) he lived in groups for survival! These things are necessarily the reasons why u and i are having this conversation! These 4 things are provable in that humans exist today! If the nay sayers would just think about a day in the life it would give them a point in which they might question their all knowing books as being inadequate! What i mean is man has had an imagination and emotions since the beginning of time yet these traits are not acknowledged to exist! Oe that is how it seems to me! I mean after the group made a significant kill and they have food fire and shelter with no rent due no cable or satellite no electricity! To me it seems he would have a few days of only needing to protect the groups kill and their shelter. What did he do to entertain himself how did the women choose her mate. Maybe she wants the guy with the ability to make the prettiest hand axe for her to use or maybe the one that makes pretty sculptures or the one that us stronger than others! But that means there have to be games or something for them to learn who is. Better at any given thing! Either way it is fact they did create art and also by extension that there had to be times if leisure! That is said in the textbooks not to be part if their life! They only had time to struggle to survive! It is like they decided to take human emotion out of the equation of human evolution! Humans have the emotional responses to their world today and i think they did from the very beginning!
What do u think Brett? Thanks Judy!

Brett likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:52 am
Its that evolution thing as well, if people come to think that 100 million years ago men had cloths, and was a very skilled artist with hands just like today, it kills off the gradual from ape to man evolution progress that they push so redily. It was only a few years ago the official narrative was that 'modern man' were only supposed to go back 40k, now I think they say 300k, but if there geology theory is right, and the art I recovered was in those cliffs in its proper stratigraphy (Although it was not apparent, it could be that the chalk cliff had subsided, or been dug into to cover those finds) then it takes artistic people back at least 65 million years.... Again if the dinos died off 65million years ago, artistic men where there before that as well...

People so want the ancient man to be a cave thug, the art proves otherwise, extreamly ancient man was more like we are today, not like an ape...

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:43 am
We have to be careful there, we don't know the exact age of any individual rock, I have one piece here that could be used to demonstrate such morphology just by twisting it in the hand. To accetain such a thing we would have to have lots of rocks covering vast time periods , knowing exactly when, and know as fact what each describes, we simply don't and can't. Our biggest clue to weather any depiction is of a human is weather or not a chin is visable, even then it could be a hybrid, there is nothing to say the sculpter was trying to depict grandma, or the evil crossbreed monkey that lives over the hill..... (its important to know what i mean by a chin here)

Last edited by Brett on Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Judy E
Judy E

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:03 pm
There is one fact that makes my argument valid and it stands alone on evolutionary theory that i was taught in school! NO WHERE EVOLUTION DOES THROUGH THE EVOLVING CHANGE SPECIES! So why does that theory hold to this day! It is obvious to me. It is not a documented fact and yet scholars defend it because we evolved by adapting to each environment we, meaning mankind, now no longer need an appendeces or do we? (Icertainly hope not) But. My point is they have no idea what that organ used to do! We also no longer need our 3rd molars (wisdom teeth)! Yet at one time they were necessary to chew the coarse food of our diets! So i dont think darwin theory of evolution is completely off but we know a hell of a lot more than he did and yet that theory stands! With no proof it is accurate and frankly can never be proven for there is no missing link unless u count the disconnect of.scholars that refuse to learn and adapt to new information! So MY THEORY IS I DID NOT COME FROM APES AND NO OTHER PERSON DID EITHER! Our evolution depends entirely on the environment we find ourselves in, not progressive from no brain activity to present day! For that is what that theory is clearly trying y to say! We had brain power way back in the beginning! They lived in groups! They had spoke to one another and their written words are scorned as imagination of the uneducated! Make no mistake just because modern man does not know how they communicated DOES NOT MEAN THEY DID NOT! Any group of animals communicate with each other! Granted i dont know what my dogs say except for Lola saying “i wuv u” and “ma ma” but she is by no means talking but when she and my other dogs play they bark at each other! I. Am sure Lola is alpha and others do or stop doing when she says!! I have seen it time and again! Anyway that is reason that theory should be trashed! I could be wrong it is just a theory but so is Darwin’s!

Brett likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:40 pm
Te beloved Darwin was a sexist racist pig, and yes thank you Judy, I think anyone who stands for actual science knows the difference between macro evolution and micro evolution. After over 150 years of an unproven theory, there is still no proof that one species changes into another, all we have is slight adaptation. And the best of science does not explain the origins of life or the universe itself, the scientists try and try and cannot create new life themselves, yet expect us to believe it happens by rubbing two lifeless rocks together.

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:35 am
Anil wrote:You mention chins.

Do you see any where the chins are wider than the brow?

Not sure what you mean, like I say chins are very specific, humans and elephants are the only species that have chins......

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum