Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Judy E
Judy E

Is it or not?  Empty Is it or not?

Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:35 am
Found this one yesterday! Difficult to determine but it was worked. Thoughts on this one please! JudyIs it or not?  8d4af810
Is it or not?  D5ab2710
Is it or not?  C8051010

Greglafla, Tigs38 and Kancerous1 like this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Is it or not?  Empty Re: Is it or not?

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:33 am
I think so.
Judy E
Judy E

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:23 pm
I know it was worked but failed to photograph the tool marks on one side! The picture was taken when stone was dry! If wet it is enhanced! I noticed that a lot of art work appears bolder when wet! Makes me wonder if water wasn’t somehow part of the making of certain pieces! It is obvious through the art that ancient man HAD TO KNOW CERTAIN PROPERTIES OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROCKS! Again proof of the brain power man has always had, just as emotional feelings are there in the beginning! Man then was man now! For if they produce children they have to have a place to care for them and each new generation gains the knowledge of the experience of older generations. Progress is on going in the exact same way! Except when the modern man attempts to be superior to ancient man! After all isn’t it a matter of the only difference is in the price of their toys!! Used to say that about men and boys but it fits approximately right here i think! Judy

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 pm
Yes it certainly should make a few people wonder about the artistic skills of ancient man, especially those that often mention ape likes. Superior art and forethought are often evident, in creating amazing optical illusions and animations in stone.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum