Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Professor Thomas Higham Empty Professor Thomas Higham

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:46 pm
Here is some correspondence I had with Prof. Higham:

Dear Professor Higham,

From reading a recent article I know you are very knowledgeable about neanderthals, I wonder if this axe could have been made by them? It has what looks to be a bird impression on one side, please look at it very carefully for me and let me know what you think.

Kindest Regards, Brett Martin.

Professor Thomas Higham Flint%2Btool%2Bfigure%2Bstone%2Baxe

That may have been a little too difficult???
Could this be the face of a southern ape? made by neanderthals? Notice the pigment used for the pupils clearest in fig.3.

Professor Thomas Higham Screen49
Professor Thomas Higham Screen50
Professor Thomas Higham Screen48

Dear Brett,
Many thanks for your message and the images. I am afraid that I am something of a sceptic when it comes to these types of objects. To me they appear to be natural. However one should always keep an open mind. I have an acquaintance who lives nearby who collects flint nodules from his property and claims to see some deliberate working as well as evidence for fire but a lithics expert said that while some of them have been worked these are quite recent and not of the age claimed. I think in the case of naturaliths or eoliths the thing would be to show that nature cannot produce cases that look human made and this is a difficult thing to prove. This is because oftentimes nature works rock in almost human-like ways, but it’s actually the result of natural, erosion, freeze-thaw fracturing, pressure and slow movement etc.

I wish you all the very best,
thanks for getting in touch,
Tom
RLAHA
University of Oxford
Oxford OX1 3TG

Publishing soon: The World Before Us: How Science is Revealing a New Story of Our Human Origins
Pre-order here: https://amzn.to/2FidhlR  

Thank you for your reply, I have written an extensive work on patina on flint, this is quite a large step towards understanding certain finds to be nie on impossible to be of natural 'creation', the next piece of my solution to these being artifacts is mathematics and probability, but this can only be used in some cases to understand certain aspects, this leads me on to convention and topology being almost there with the final blow to rule out natural causes, I have a set of loose rules and common topography amongst my finds, it is very common to find half an elephant alongside a gorilla image in the same finds, so if chaos was responsible it would not be unreasonable for me to request someone to find lots of stones with VW beetle images and the front halves of motorbikes to prove that chaos is the 'Artist'.... one final blow is the FTIR spectroscopy I have had carried out on pigments on numerous finds, this was found to be a common recipe, chance deposits would not give such uniformity across multiple samples.....

It has taken me10 years to get this far, I can also apply my 'common glyph set' to tool finds from all over the world and get matches, I would challenge anyone to find a single VW beetle like image in the whole of the worlds litthic evidence Smile

Thank you for having an open mind, very few people respond, but this time I tried a much simpler tack, perhaps a lesson for me in the future....

You people really need to catch up with this, it busts so many common beliefs about the distant past.....

Well at least there was a response, but nothing since, I don't feel that we (us in the know)  would benefit from his book much?

Greglafla and Kancerous1 like this post

Greglafla

Professor Thomas Higham Empty Re: Professor Thomas Higham

Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:55 pm
At least he is intelligent enough to realize he is offering an opinion, better than most.

Brett likes this post

houndofrock

Professor Thomas Higham Empty expert of matter is no expert in my eyes.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:37 pm
I speak for myself only. for me the so called experts in the field of studying matter have attempted to "rationalize" rock art, that rationalism has robbed us all of our ability to recognize and experience wisdom of many ancient cultures, as well as the experts "EGO"ic thinking has robbed us of the ability to feel the depth and profound sacredness of life itself. its time to realize entirely different levels of consciousness, which r now almost lost to humanity. the rock art is the way ancient cultures felt, thought and experienced life. We do not need the wrong notion experts, no need to resist what the so called experts say, because we have inner peace irrespective of circumstances. we see the art in the rocks, if the so called experts do not, so be it. Experts are to be neutral and accept to be proven wrong, wants to be proven wrong to learn more... there is always more to learn, and for this so called expert in his first statements his ego gets in the way of his neutralness by stating that he is a skeptic. he is a skeptic, not neutral. we don't need skeptic's words, thoughts or experience, we only need our own, our own inner peace that knows the truth, no matter if others are enlightened or brave enough to walk their own path and state the truth, i have the truth, the truth in my ancient rocks, in native's rock art. thank you for letting me state my own opinion. i stand alone, and speak for myself only.

Brett, Greglafla, Tigs38 and WesyKyCreekWalker like this post

Sponsored content

Professor Thomas Higham Empty Re: Professor Thomas Higham

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum