Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Billwerner

Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump? Empty Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:30 am
Stump recently uncovered, see Indian head image?Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump? Img_2032
Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump? Img_2033

Judy E and AriesFire69 like this post

Greglafla

Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump? Empty Re: Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump?

Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:35 am
I do now left edge facing left. Also a primate face facing right in the center. Real or the P-word I don’t know, but I see it.
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump? Empty Re: Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump?

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:52 am
I'm not sure what this demonstrates if anything? We all know we can see images in dense random or semi psudo random patterns/details as in the image above. Less is often much more with portable rock art in a way, there are only a few features in the stone below, there is a matmatical relation between them, they are also framed mathematically in the stone. The chances of this being a natural occurance is mathematically 0, it also closely resembles other finds.Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump? Img_2029

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Brett
Brett
Admin

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:18 pm
it's an important survival trait to recognise a pair of eyes looking out of the jungle at us, or to make out the camaflarged sillouete of a tiger creeping through long grass. Have you ever been in a very crowded room and some one looks at you from the other side of it, and instantly your gaze meets there's? That's my explanation for it rather than as a feature to decode dodge art skills 😀

Greglafla

Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:44 am
It looks like a Bigfoot type creature head facing the other way from the figure you describe, your photography is excellent, really allows one to “see into the stone.”

Anil likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:45 am
I put such images in finds down to wild imagination, until evidenced otherwise. Any decent figure stone can be identified by the key characteristics described on my blog, now if i could see a framed half elephant here, and a symmetrical framed face looking right at us, or similar documented iconography, or it was an obvious flint tool I would delve deeper into what can be seen. Likewise definitive human agency, logical flake removals, pigment application will also peak my interest into interpretation. Im not saying this find is not portable rock art, just that it cannot be scientifically quantified as such until qualifying conditions are met, so its like looking at a cloud.

Simply its not art until it has proved agency, or mathematical geometry of features and or probability of framed known content gives bias towards artifactuality. If all portable rock art proponents followed those simple rules, PRA would be known as mainstream scientific fact, not fringe lunacy. Not to say I know everything a prehistoric person imprinted on a rock, I don't, and I couldn't.

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:46 am
I did try to meet John Lord, and his son when they were local a few years back, but it just never happened.

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:04 am
Anil wrote:"I put such images in finds down to wild imagination, until evidenced otherwise."

Don't say those 4 words Brett! What a Face affraid lol!

Its true though, Im qualified to say it because i use the word science a lot lol!

Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:19 am
Anil wrote:We are talking across, in my opinion, very different timelines.

Whilst you are trying to showcase the very first examples of this art, i am looking for examples that combine pigment with micro flaking, specifically in flint.

I think it's a stretch to say that one is easier to prove or disprove as intentional for art's sake.

Taking the Elephant as an example; archeologists may argue that the simple hand axe/gouger naturally takes this shape.

I wouldn't agree. I have been putting efforts in to scientific proof, testable, independently testable, demonstrating, evidencing and re-evidencing my discoveries. I saw a really good blonde haired partial female face in one of your finds, but without you showing better angles of it to qualify it via topology, or proving its applied pigments its not art, its the dreaded P word.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:27 am
Anil wrote:
Anil wrote:
Taking the Elephant as an example; archeologists may argue that the simple hand axe/gouger naturally takes this shape. They may also argue the shapes images and pigments are coincidence.

This we both know to be untrue.

The problem is we know that sometimes these shapes were made intentionally, sometimes they were natural, sometimes a natural looking stone was slightly modified to make it look more like the shape required.

Muddy waters.

Yes agreed, but  I have noticed how the selection process is often to put as much of the known common content in as possible, again giving qualifiers.
If you showed me an elephant, a bear or a monkey in this piece, I would be ranting about how brilliant an art work it is on my blog.Can you see an Indian head on the left of this stump? Face10

Last edited by Brett on Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add picture)

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum