Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Monumentman57

Figurestone thoughts Empty Figurestone thoughts

Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:03 am
Hey everyone, I haven't posted anything for awhile and to be honest, i just got frustrated with the constant denial.  It aggravates me to no end when i try and show someone an image and their response is sorry i dont see it.....and they barely even took a glance....if that. If you know, you know.

Anyway, what i want to discuss is my thoughts on why these rocks are worked.  I go to strange degrees in examining what i find.  One thing ive noticed is most rocks start with a simple animal or two and evolve into much more complicated creations. Usually, in my experiences, the end result becomes some form of what we identify as a native american.  Now this end result is often a shaman, warrior, chief, or even child.

I read a book recently that tried to explain native spirituality and its ties to objects of creation.  The author explained that natives believed they could bind their spirit to various animals in time of need. I.E.  a tiger in times of courage.  However this process or ritual had to be performed by a shaman of adequate ability. This process took various parts of animism and shamanism and combined the two practises. I feel that this could have been almost a religion to these people. It could explain why we, or at least I, often see human faces on animals and vice versa.
THOUGHTS??

houndofrock likes this post

Greglafla

Figurestone thoughts Empty Re: Figurestone thoughts

Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:17 pm
I think that sometimes the stones speak to you. If that’s what they are telling you then I’d believe it. I’m not sure they always have your best interest in mind though.

houndofrock and Monumentman57 like this post

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:46 pm
Sounds to me like u could be thinking along the right lines on this. From what i know relating to this subject is that there were (are still) tribes that associated animals with themselves as thier TOTEM or spirits guide. So it would be thought of as a part of who they are. I've seen lots of art work where a male would be painted along with , for instance a wolf in the background. Then off to the side an image of the man and wolf blended. So ... maybe.

Monumentman57 likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum