Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DrewWood

For the birds... Empty For the birds...

Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:24 am
Found in north central Iowa.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c and WesyKyCreekWalker like this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

For the birds... Empty Re: For the birds...

Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:22 am
Crude and simplistic, but clear evidence of workmanship and even evidence of pigmentation. A known subject in the expected pose , great share. Thanks. The only thing its lacking is an ambiguous optical illusion combo? does the front show anything else from slightly different angels?
DrewWood

Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:37 am
No I think it's the only the bird. The part that is worked though is recessed into the surface a bit which I have never seen before. The shape of the rock is quite interesting too. I think it may have been a button or something like it. With the more narrow end would easily be pushed through a slit in hide and the broad part keeping it in place also a has a notch so it could be secured in place.....but who really knows and if they did they probably wouldn't tell us.✌

ps" it's only about an inch and a half in length. Makes the details a little more impressive.

Brett and amytaylorlangston@gmail.c like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum