Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
WesyKyCreekWalker

Interesting finds from West Kentucky Empty Interesting finds from West Kentucky

Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:00 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mammoth with a pigmented trunk. The reverse side appears to be a gorilla on all fours (facing right)

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c likes this post

WesyKyCreekWalker

Interesting finds from West Kentucky Empty Clay figures

Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:13 am
These position sensitive figures are made from clay and were found within a few feet of one another.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Interesting finds from West Kentucky Empty Re: Interesting finds from West Kentucky

Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:47 am
The first find could easily be a figurative eolith, it certainly looks to be, too subtle, but with supporting pigment deposition as well, it looks legit, too ambiguous to call species on, but yes very plausible mammoth, thanks for sharing.

The 'clay' items make no logical or rational sense to be manufactured as figurative objects. But face profiles can be made out of the edges of these, exactly like some so called lime/sand stone plaques, not art at all, but still worth sharing here as they have a great effect and demonstrate pareidolia. I have been working on some science in this area, its not ready for publication, some of my thoughts here of other website owners are so damning, Ive had to hold it back, watch this space......
Brett
Brett
Admin

Interesting finds from West Kentucky Empty Re: Interesting finds from West Kentucky

Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:56 am
The items in the fore-ground of the clay objects look interesting also, one even looks axe shaped???

WesyKyCreekWalker likes this post

WesyKyCreekWalker

Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:05 pm
I can see why you might say that based on what you see here because this page builder seems to zoom in extremely close. The faces are more distinct when viewed from a little farther away. What size pictures do you recommend uploading?
The one on the right looks like an owl on the reverse side but I forgot to get a picture of that. Here is another clay one that is larger more solid. I was able to capture the larger faces fairly well but all of the little bumps on it are faces when the light hits them at the right angle but I am having trouble photographing them.

WesyKyCreekWalker

Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:10 pm
Brett
Brett
Admin

Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:20 pm
The dark one at the top of the second bunch has a nice symetrical face description with eye detailing, good evidence of cognition. The others I'm not so sure of.....

WesyKyCreekWalker

Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:22 pm
Brett wrote:The dark one at the top of the second bunch has a nice symetrical face description with eye detailing, good evidence of cognition. The others I'm not so sure  of.....

Those are all on the same piece. I'm 99% positive that it is clay. I found it in the creek I used to swim in as a kid. My sister and I used to get clay of the same color there and make bowls and cups. We didn't know that it had to be tempered with sand and dried at a high temperature, so they didn't last very long.

Brett likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:47 pm
Have you thought of having tests done to prove its chemical and elemental make up? I've had some spectroscopic testss carried out, solid science, and fairly cost effective.
WesyKyCreekWalker

Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:47 am
I used hydrochloric acid to see if it was limestone since that is the only type of rock in this area that is even remotely similar, and it is not limestone. I don't know how or where to get spectroscopic testing. I've only been aware of the existence of PRA for 3 years.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:35 pm
Quite a few labs offer the service, I paid £50 a sample when I did it, but prices have most likely increased some.  In my case it 99% conclusively proved the items had a prehistoric pigment recipe, the samples matched to closely to be literally anything else other than a recipie. And there could easily be thousands of years between those artifacts, so potentialy a very long standing recipie.

You have some nice finds for only three years hunting, I do suggest caution with certain finds and conclusions (the clay items), I myself was convinced that the pigment I had tested was most likely birch tar originally, until proven otherwise.
WesyKyCreekWalker

Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:07 am
Brett wrote:The items in the fore-ground of the clay objects look interesting also, one even looks axe shaped???

Yes, I have several axe shaped finds. Some appear to have been lashed to something, others don't.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum