Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
copestakern

Near Philadelphia,  mostly Pennypack Park Empty Near Philadelphia, mostly Pennypack Park

Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:14 am
Me and my husband have been finding these stones for a couple years. Many tell a story. Lighting matters. When they are wet, you can see more details. Many animals. Many faces.

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Near Philadelphia,  mostly Pennypack Park Empty Re: Near Philadelphia, mostly Pennypack Park

Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:58 am
Hi welcome to our Forum, yes what you say is the basics of what we (hope to) display here, some do seem to tell stories (very few) some are even just art pieces, yes sparse, but by in large the vast majority of genuine finds fit into my definition of a 'figure stone', they are stones which show various animal images, which often fit a known topology of 'glyphs' if you like, face profiles of apes and various creatures, front half profiles, whole profiles, and australopithecine or chimp face frontals jig sawed together into modified stones and flint tools.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum