Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Greglafla

Viewing Stones Empty Viewing Stones

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 pm
Viewing Stones 8bea5410
Viewing Stones 36bc3e10
Viewing Stones 91cc3610
Greglafla

Viewing Stones Empty Re: Viewing Stones

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:25 pm
Viewing Stones 41111f10
Viewing Stones 6b2a3910
Viewing Stones B64e3410
Greglafla

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:27 pm
Viewing Stones 20719410
Greglafla

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:32 pm
I found these two on my main site, and noticed a visual enhancement when you look through the holes. The second one the hole is completed with the finger, but still works the same. I don’t know if the quartz plays a role, or if just looking through any pinhole type would work, but it can make images in the rocks pop, and will turn your tv into hd when you look at it through these. The first one I will put up some better pics but the hole goes through 1/4 of quartz; how that was done no idea, but I’m guessing they popped out a triangle shaped inclusion in the stone. Has anyone else found anything like this?
Greglafla

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:03 pm
Viewing Stones 7ebd6910
Viewing Stones Faa04e10
Greglafla

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 pm
Only the left hole goes through the stone and the other pic is to give an idea of the depth of the hole in the rock
Greglafla

Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:20 pm
Is this too far out there even for this crowd? That is impressive!!!
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:53 am
I Dont think its too far out for us, with me I want to see an elephant or a bear and ape on any stone, actualy more like all three before I will delve any deeper into other features. There is a hypothesis on pin hole cameras I think , with regard to prehistoric peoples, worth checking here ----> http://pleistocenecoalition.com/ Or for a direct link Camera Obscura, but im not actually sure this is the right article, so its worth looking about.
Greglafla

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:37 am
So you think those are natural? I would appreciate honesty , no offense taken. Thanks for the links.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:13 pm
nope, that last one does look like it has been worked into an awl, nice linear flake removal on it, and patina looks even. Im just not sure what we can work out from holes in them, the usual is if it has a hole its labeled as a pendant, your idea is worth exploring, just I dont know what I can add to it.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:20 pm
Just a thought, maybe if the sun is low on the horizon, and any suspected hunting prey is comming from that direction, the holes could help with excess glare from the sun and help someone to see the prey?
Greglafla

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:37 pm
I don’t really care enough to explore it, but I’ve thought for a while that this could have an application in enhancing photos of pieces, not sure how exactly. Tim turned me on to closing one eye to view pieces, eliminating depth perception, which seems to make the images pop. One of those weird ideas that popped in my head and I’ve never been able to shake, not smart enough to really take it anywhere though, figured I’d take a chance and see if it could inspire thoughts with those that are more intelligent. Thanks for checking them out.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:26 pm
Yes, Tim probably got it from me,  and its even shown in some of my finds, one eye brow is raised like the figure is winking, this is key to some of the complex finds and possibly manufacture, give it a little more distance and you can use both eyes, But on the other side of it, this could explain why some of the stones don't appear so well on camera, monocular vision was not how they were made to be viewed, so the artists may have accounted for the paralax.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:40 pm
We can see eye ball detail on the eye shown left, but not on the one to the right, also the raised eye brow above the left shown in the figurative bear description.
Viewing Stones 45751210

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c likes this post

Greglafla

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:13 pm
I have read left eye closed or missing is a common theme, makes sense. Most of my stuff came from one site, I guess I am picturing the artists using these stones in the manufacture and viewing of the others art. Kind of a Stone Age artists colony. All theory and conjecture though.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:58 pm
Yes, I don't know where that comes from, but two well known proponents would not here it or acknowledge it from me that its a winking eye, not a missing one, and my theory as to why, ie the viewing of them.
PaleoHunter

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Its interesting to note that in certain north European pagan religions stones with natural holes were special and highly prized. Possibly the ancient Natives also had this thought. A residue perhaps of the archaic culture they all came from? JP
Greglafla

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:48 pm
Place I found it is what around here is being called a rock pile site, a place with lots of walls and stone structures that don’t really fit with a colonial context. I know I’ve seen some videos on YouTube of people up in the mountains reporting similar stuff. Also reminiscent of Neolithic Europe. I definitely think a correlation whether by memory or contact.
PaleoHunter

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:37 pm
Im in the belief that not only there cross Atlantic contact very early on but migration both ways. There are far too many similarities in Neolithic and earlier constructs on both continents to be accidental. I do not now nor have I ever accepted the malarkey that two cultures separated by thousands of miles come up with the same idea at the same time....what rubbish. There is a place very nearby that has massive man made mounds, carved boulders, burial grounds and much more. It contains thousands of elephant rock art pieces from semi truck size to minuscule. I just yesterday gathered charcoal from a fire pit to send for C-15 dating. Im betting that its pre Younger Dryas... by a lot. Time to unravel the accepted paradigm.
Greglafla

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:37 am
My gut says it’s old but doesn’t really have to be. Wouldn’t a glacier have wiped any really old stone structures out. I can never stick to a conclusion, to many problems with all the stories. II never bought the old man of the mountain as completely natural either. Lol. I have a good pic of a non-portable rock art sculpture in my gallery, and have seen quite a few others in the woods around here. I hope too see some more of your finds.
PaleoHunter

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:30 pm
Well the answer is complicated. The glacial maximum was reached around 40k ybp then there was a series of retreats and advances as the temperature rose and cooled. These can be calculated using varve layers in river sediments. What is unknown is how far the glaciers retreated and advanced. As temps climbed the retreat would be more than the advance. It is known that paleo man survived in glacial conditions 300km south of the arctic circle 250-350k ybp. So if the glaciers were north of here then man absolutely could of survived here. The mega fauna dissapeared approx 11,500 bc so boulder carved into Mammoth shapes are im guessing this old. Im guessing this site cold be 15-20k bc. Logically doing the math. Im not prone to wild flight of imagination and i look at this with a sense reality. But hard evidence win out. Thats my goal, find the irrefutable evidence.
PaleoHunter

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:39 pm
Viewing Stones Tr100410
Viewing Stones Tm100710
Viewing Stones 20190810

Tigs38 likes this post

PaleoHunter

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:42 pm
Last pic is a Porcupine
PaleoHunter

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:57 pm
Another thing is the geological study done in Franconia Notch. The study was to determine if the feature in the notch are pre glacial or not. It was determined that the valleys were filled with mini glaciers prior to the laurentian ice sheet advance. These protected the preglacial features. So in the valleys of NH you see the pre glacier surface features there by any evidence of pre glacial man
Greglafla

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:09 pm
Interesting about the valleys. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, I am prone to wild imagination but try to keep it fun and remember most of my thoughts are probably wrong. The eagle is an awesome piece.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum