Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hdgovroom

Opal figure stone? Empty Opal figure stone?

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 am
I found this opal in the Columbia Gorge. I started out to make a cab out of it when I noticed figures that are chipped into it along with the natural fissures. I have been told I have “a good imagination “ before but I think this one is more than that. I would hate to destroy it if in fact it is art but there is a beautiful opal in there. If it’s not figure art it’s gonna be a spectacular piece of jewelry. I realize it is difficult to tell by pictures but I am as positive as one (with such an imagination) can be that it has been worked and not all natural inclusions. So, what do you think guys? Should I keep sanding?
PS. Having trouble sending pics. Stone is 2”X 1” and is 92.5 carats (18.5g)Opal figure stone? 89d71310[/url]Opal figure stone? 89d71310[url=httpOpal figure stone? 96300f10
Opal figure stone? 3f4d9810Opal figure stone? E63fa510Opal figure stone? E63fa510Opal figure stone? E63fa510

Last edited by Hdgovroom on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:33 am; edited 2 times in total

kimdaniel likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Opal figure stone? Empty Re: Opal figure stone?

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 pm
I cannot see what I would call common figuration, however the face frontal left has good details and triggers nicely, and then other features trigger other images nicely, so my gut feeling is a yes.
Hdgovroom

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:43 am
Thank you Brett. The picture I was able to send turned and didn’t really show what I wanted. There are now some better ones, doubled up even. LOL I’m still learning. I’m very happy that your gut feeling agrees with mine. Keep in mind I had already started to shape the stone before I realized what it was. In the last picture I sent only the top and bottom of the left side was altered. Thanks again!
Hdgovroom

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:18 pm
This is the first face I saw. There’s more to it of course and many more imagesOpal figure stone? 03d1d010
Opal figure stone? F37f1810
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum