Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ArtDiamound

Diamonds maybe? Empty Diamonds maybe?

Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:01 am
Didn't know portable rock art existed up untill 2 weeks ago I stumbled across a huge collection of rare  portable rock art that  "indiana jones" worthy pieces. And after 2 weeks of interesting extensive research. I have compared my collecton to other portable rocks I c on the market to confirm my findings are  portable rock art. i Learned that sometimes diamonds would be crafted at the mouth and eyes. I'm financially in a bind and can't  afford to travel around the county to get verified much less get authenticated. I've spoken to  archeologist and jewelers that all admit that it's out of their field of expertise. Do  a high end dealers evey agree upon a percentage when sold on the market? Who should I contact? due to my current  financial situation. I cannot do much to financial to help these rocks get seen, authenticated. Surreal amount rare   rock art. Here's a few pics of and opinions on rarity and and value and odds of being fine tuned with real diamonds. I have more glimmering  mouths and eyes of figures with same shimmering affect???
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Diamonds maybe? Empty Re: Diamonds maybe?

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:43 pm
Firstly, portable rock art is not rare, what is rare is a definitive assemblage of high quality pices. There is nowhere else to have figure stones authenticated besides here, unless you have say pigments or other materials to test that would put the items in the hands of ancient people, or perhaps Indications of definite agency by repeated intelligent and logical flake removals, or modifications. But nether of those would prove an item as art. Saying that there are a couple who don't visit this forum who's opinions are trustworthy, James Harrod and Ursel Benekendorf forget the rest, apart from a few french and Italian collectors .Topology is the key to recognition, the more obvious and known figuration on any piece the probability of it being genuine increases, mostly subverting the need for any proof of agency.

Last edited by Brett on Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)

Judy E likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:49 pm
Thinking about it diamond shaped eye features maybe a thing, but I don't see it as being diagnostic. The inverted corner of a tesseract is something I've previously noted as being used as eye shapes. How someone could possibly make such a shape in flint is yet to be understood.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum