Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Trout
Trout

I see Rock People and Pareidolia - Page 5 Empty Re: I see Rock People and Pareidolia

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:57 pm
Thanks for the great auk suggestion. It is definitely showing up, and now I can spot it. But I think the beak/head to body ratio on this figure is way too much like an emperor penguin. I find too many of them to ignore. Sometimes the beaks are pointed into the figure, and sometimes straight up, like penguins do. I know they don't belong in North America, but I think it is likely that if they were here, any evidence would be under water by now since the ancient east coast shores have all disappeared. That they would show up in central Virginia stones would imply penguin hunters were traveling to this site. This is the most intriguing thing about these stones which look a lot like emperor penguins. They hint at a more complex prehistoric civilization. I think Clovis points look a lot like penguins too.

BTW, hunting penguins is pretty easy. They feel safe on land. You just walk up to them, say thanks, and stick a spear in them. They're only afraid of things in the water, like sea lions and okras.

Here's a rock that looks like a auk.

I see Rock People and Pareidolia - Page 5 Img_6018

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

I see Rock People and Pareidolia - Page 5 Empty Re: I see Rock People and Pareidolia

Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 pm
Thats interesting, I wonder if Clovis peoples have penguins in there art, or penguin bones are found at Clovis sites? Is that stone a figure stone, by my definition that is?, showing multiple known glyphs, most commonly thumb or hand, elephant, and ape like?
Its also interesting what you said about the points, because ive interpreted flint tools from all over the world as cloaked figures, and also used scientific method to demonstrate that roughly pointed items from my find site hold figurative features that in many cases are easily interpreted as a cloaked figure, in fact once this is known you cant look at many lithic assemblages any other way..... Penguins seem insignificant in comparison....
Trout
Trout

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:21 pm
My interpretations of the stones I find is that they are all tools which have been animated in a literal manner such that the (multiple) species can be determined, especially if you have pictures handy. My method is first holding the stone as a tool and determining the impact points. Finger/hand grooves are always right where they need to be to hold the stone comfortably. Impact points and working areas (like for rounding or sanding) will always be animated by a subject associated with the task. It's almost like they are telling the stone (and the hand) what it needs to be doing, using symbols in nature. For instance, if there is an owl on the stone, it signifies the heel of the first finger placement for use as a striking tool. That's where the inertia of the strike transfers. Each of these stones is brilliant in it's own way. It's a written language as far as I can tell.

amytaylorlangston@gmail.c likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:44 pm
Trout wrote:My interpretations of the stones I find is that they are all tools which have been animated in a literal manner such that the (multiple) species can be determined, especially if you have pictures handy.  My method is first holding the stone as a tool and determining the impact points.  Finger/hand grooves are always right where they need to be to hold the stone comfortably.  Impact points and working areas (like for rounding or sanding) will always be animated by a subject associated with the task.  It's almost like they are telling the stone (and the hand) what it needs to be doing, using symbols in nature.  For instance, if there is an owl on the stone, it signifies the heel of the first finger placement for use as a striking tool.  That's where the inertia of the strike transfers.  Each of these stones is brilliant in it's own way.  It's a written language as far as I can tell.

Well I will give you a unique opportunity to prove this theory of mine with your own finds....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum