Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Judy E
Judy E

Granite for small tools Empty Granite for small tools

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:12 am
Hey y’all! I am wondering if anyone has found small granite tools! I am not talking about tools such the larger grooved axes! I asked in another group after i realized that if is wasn't flint then it wasn’t an artifact! So i had one in some rocks i was cleaning. It was a Perfect example to demonstrate that granite could be used in smaller artifacts! Little while ago i located my box of small granite artifacts! (My friend that hunts with me kept saying that is gravel) There is granite gravel! But i can see the tools and being stubborn I finally made her realize granite is more than just gravel! I was informed in the other group that granite was to difficult to utilize n small tools! The larger heavy grooved axe is only use for granite!! I find that statement to be false and now so does one of the naysayers of granite use in manufacturing small tools. Going to send some pictures of what i am talking about to give u an idea of what i am talking about! The first three are one that i used to prove it was a “tool of man!” As i explained how well it fit my hand! It also showed the stops that keep fingers from slipping! So really want to know if granite is in other places modified by man to serve a purpose other than going onto a roadway!!
Thanks
JudyGranite for small tools 4f74cb10
Granite for small tools A2645b10
Granite for small tools D0839410
Judy E
Judy E

Granite for small tools Empty Re: Granite for small tools

Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:58 am
These are all made from granite! Ignore the orangish color as it is Georgia clay! If u are not familiar with it, let it rain and go drive on a dirt road with Georgia red clay! Unless u know what u are doing! U won’t be on the road long because slip slide and bam! Welcome to the ditch! Lol
JudyGranite for small tools Image13
Granite for small tools 88550d10
Judy E
Judy E

Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:06 am
The ones above are one side then flipped and other side! Nowa flat one and other one is carved! Not sure it shows up well. And adding another i just found.
JudyGranite for small tools Image14
Granite for small tools Image15
Granite for small tools 52d1a310

John likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum