Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
houndofrock

Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? Empty Taco Moon? Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man?

Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:44 am
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man?

its a orange brown color
seems to be amber, quartz or calcite? idk but it glows and is translucent when light is shined upon it.  glows golden yellow and orange.

shape is naturally broken into a shape or man shaped it?  idk
looks like a horse head, and sometimes a bird, idk.

found in n america.

help id rock type and if its art/effigy.  

im stumped.

its about 4 inches by 2 inches and weighs about  1-
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210710
2 pounds

Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210711
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210713
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210712
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210714
houndofrock

Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? Empty Re: Taco Moon? Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man?

Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:48 am
rotate themTaco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210719
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210720
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210718

Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210717
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210715
Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? 20210716
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Taco Moon?  Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man? Empty Re: Taco Moon? Can anyone id the rock type and if this is shaped by man?

Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:44 am
It looks to be mineralised quartz, there is some potential common figuration but not enough for me to say for certain it's a figure stone. There are a few small indicators of human workmanship, but again not enough for me to be certain. The bottom edge of the first picture might show serrations, but this is not like flint in that it is not workable with the same highly predictable results that flint is known for.

houndofrock likes this post

houndofrock

Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:34 am
Thank you Brett. its a mystery to me. i love a good mystery!

Brett likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:27 am
Your welcome, in its favour as an artifact I see parallel features, and potential foot, bird, gorilla strut, and a weak elephant half figuration. It could have been hafted and used kind of like a hoe. But this is just speculative.

Brett
Brett
Admin

Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:33 pm
Right, I think I can see a left hand and partial wrist holding a blade, the thumb is upper edge on the left side, and the fingers curve over as though gripping the blade along the bottom and right, finger detail can be seen. This ups the ante, this is almost certainly a figure stone.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum