Portable Rock Art and Figure Stones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TchevaJo

Central Mississippi Stones Empty Central Mississippi Stones

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:57 am
I've found several "stones" (or naturally formed rocks as the archeologists, professors, and smart-ass know it alls in multiple sites I've visited call them) here in Central Mississippi (Yazoo County) that I am having a difficult time finding any information about their origins/what they are/ what they were used for etc.
A little background.....found on private property fairly close to a creek that feeds into the "Yazoo River". There were Native American tribes in this area , but I can not find very much information specifically on their effigies or other types of stones.Each of the stones have sun dials emblazoned on them, and are extremely detailed and do some amazing things, which is a different topic all together. Can anyone give me a hand identifying exactly the who's and whats of these stones? Thanks in advance Central Mississippi Stones Black_10
Central Mississippi Stones Story_11
Central Mississippi Stones 20210210Central Mississippi Stones Black_10
Central Mississippi Stones Story_11
Central Mississippi Stones 20210210
TchevaJo1

Central Mississippi Stones Empty more pics.....

Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:17 am
Central Mississippi Stones 20210111
Central Mississippi Stones 20210211
Brett
Brett
Admin
https://eoliths.blogspot.com/

Central Mississippi Stones Empty Re: Central Mississippi Stones

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:20 am
Hi, the first one I would say has evidence of modification, and although not brilliantly figurative from a quick look does appear to be a figure stone, bird, thumb, cloaked figure. The second heavily water warn one looks possible too, the third one is not giving me enough to go on either way.

As for who, when, etc this is the big problem, Americans have no one else to pin these on apart from the Classic Tribes, so obviously that is where the attribution leads, they probably are not responsible, although distant forefathers maybe. If we were told with certainty that millions of years ago the martians fled there dying planet and came to earth, everyone would be calling these martian rocks, again people blindly following the narrative they are given.....

Evidence leads us to global culture, very very distant past, but also straight back to us as being the people who made them....
Brett
Brett
Admin

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:26 am
As for purpose, something we will never know for sure, good suggestions are, silent communication or for teaching words....
Brett
Brett
Admin

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 am
Ive just seen the arm hand and rock in the last one Smile thats pretty neat ....
Greglafla

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:34 am
Because of the primitive nature of the tools I found associated with the art and some depictions on some of the stones I have found, I have always felt the art is evidence of homo erectus or Neanderthal presence in America, or some earlier or unknown hominid. This would fit in Brett’s global culture in a way, although he is likely thinking more out of the box than I am., not that I believe I’m closer to the truth than he is. When I first started researching I emailed with the late ken Johnston and he said he had concluded the same as I.
Central Mississippi Stones 9b841c10
Central Mississippi Stones Beea3210Central Mississippi Stones 9b841c10
Central Mississippi Stones Beea3210

Greglafla, Kancerous1 and TchevaJo like this post

Trout
Trout

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:39 pm
I'm at a location where I feel that "natural processes" bear the burden of proof, and am under the assumption that all loose lithics are the result of biological processes.  I think this applies to all of the American southeast, which has been geologically stable for millions of years.

I think it's reasonable to consider that the people who made some of these things had bigger brains than us, and experienced a higher level of intelligence.  We want to approach their works as inferior, but it might be more fruitful to consider the opposite is true.  How would a superior intellect with stone age technology interact with the world?  How would that be inscribed on the stones we find?

Greglafia, I have a very similar quartz point from my property.  I have recognized a pattern with the triangulars that one corner almost always has a point (pick), one corner is for impact (hammer), and the last point is sharp for chopping (axe).  And they all fit comfortably in hand.  I think when we look at triangular points, what we're really seeing are multitools.

Central Mississippi Stones Img_6017

Also have the rounded points around as well.  Once I found one on the surface right next to the little rock that it was being ground into.  It was so cool to find them there together.  I gave the set back to the earth, and I haven't seen them since.  Still looking though.

Do you live among quartz?

TchevaJo likes this post

TchevaJo

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:10 pm
Trout....somewhere on the stone you are holding, do you see the outline of a bird? A crow to be exact.
Trout
Trout

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:12 pm
That first stone is a pretty one.  It kind of looks like a bird with a broken beak.  I don't think it's Native American because I'm pretty sure there's an elephant on the front there.  I think mostly only Native American shamans would have messed with a rock like that.  It would probably would have freaked the regular folks out, the same way it freaks most modern humans out to even talk about it.  I think it helps if you familiarize yourself with the known extinct Pleistocene megafauna from your area.  That way you will better understand what you are looking at.  Try a youtube video.  There's one with this professor Don Grayson-"The Extinct Ice Age Mammals of North America".  I had to take a lot of notes but it was extremely helpful.  

As far as I can tell, the only people researching the the people who made those stones are on this forum.  No one else cares.  

If it's covered in intricate symbology, I'd like to see more, and better pics (with perspective).  I think the people who made these things are absolutely fascinating.

Central Mississippi Stones Img_5612
TchevaJo

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:16 pm
On the bottom of the stone where the black line is streaking across there's s small recessed area no bigger than the tip of your thumb. Take your finger and make a circular pattern inside of it clockwise for a good 60 seconds and watch what happens.
Greglafla

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:47 pm
Central Mississippi Stones C4a55a10
Here is an enhancement rocky did on that piece when I originally posted it, not thinking that one is a tool although I have a bunch like your piece. I forget that just because I have seen the art and it’s so obvious to me it isn’t to everyone els. The blue one has a sort of holographic image of primitive human on it if you look into it. It is a highly polished or river stone found by my son when we took an evening stroll a couple years back. When we got back to the car he was like I found this, I have never pointed out the “face” to him, I just told him he needed to keep it as his lucky rock. I actually looked the other day and it’s still in his room. Not sure the material on that one if anyone knows please share. Neither was found on my main site, which I believe was a quartzite mine, and the area is rich in glacial quartz, northeast Massachusetts.
Brett
Brett
Admin

Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:16 am
Greglafla wrote:Because of the primitive nature of the tools I found associated with the art and some depictions on some of the stones I have found, I have always felt the art is evidence of homo erectus or Neanderthal presence in America, or some earlier or unknown hominid. This would fit in Brett’s global culture in a way, although he is likely thinking more out of the box than I am., not that I believe  I’m closer to the truth than he is. When I first started researching I emailed with the late ken Johnston and he said he had concluded the same as I.

I think I will produce a new area on scientific theory where this can be discussed in more detail.

I was always under the impression that Ken was attributing the art to the Classical Indian Tribes, his blog probably reflects this, wood land culture etc, and also I guess a more modern emergence due to his love of mammoths  which I found quite annoying at times, as he would call art work that I considered to be elephants as mammoths. This motivated me to get the truth out there, God rest his soul, he tried very hard to get to the bottom of this im sure, and many people loved him and his blog.

My take is that humans created this art, and I think they looked just like us, and certainly wore cloths, making some of these Items takes immense skill, forethought and cognition, and as I say it leads straight back to us, we still use the same art features today. Im not a big fan of evolution, I prefer testable science, yes things change slightly, but only after there kind. So I wont allow false doctrine to get in the way of truth, 2 million years is no way near enough time to go from a tree swinger to an all singing and dancing artist.  If we look at the fossil record and accept the dates we are given as fact (this could be a big part of the problem, it could all be wrong) we will find fossil creatures that have not changed in apparently 500million years, they have no precurors, or no evidence of them changing into anything else( so stable, they came from them, they are them now) the fossil record is like this all the way through, period.

Trout wrote:I'm at a location where I feel that "natural processes" bear the burden of proof, and am under the assumption that all loose lithics are the result of biological processes.  I think this applies to all of the American southeast, which has been geologically stable for millions of years.

Yes, I would go one further and say the result of human agency for the most part, rocks are very hard, they dont break on there own, observation, patina proves this... There are exceptions here, im basing this on flints mainly.....

Trout wrote:I think it's reasonable to consider that the people who made some of these things had bigger brains than us, and experienced a higher level of intelligence.  We want to approach their works as inferior, but it might be more fruitful to consider the opposite is true.  How would a superior intellect with stone age technology interact with the world?  How would that be inscribed on the stones we find?

Its logical to think that, although if our brains were not filled with all the junk information we carry today we could achieve amazing things if we concentrated on just one or two areas, say hunting, and rock working? Size of brain also does not reflect ability, i have some very small finds, and if not from tiny people then from the children of slightly smaller people, ive also seen some quite large finds, not from the UK, State side, its not proof of giants but I can see why people would draw that conclusion.

Greglafla and Tigs38 like this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:06 am
Greg, this is from a chart i made in 2012, both one and two match your find quite well, my interpretation here is Hybrid, head shape like a gorilla face like a man....., this could be why your find has this face inset to the head profile of a gorilla........
Central Mississippi Stones Screen13

EDIT: I should of pointed out i see these both as stacks, the hybrid and the gorilla underneath....

Last edited by Brett on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Greglafla likes this post

Brett
Brett
Admin

Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:21 am
Another one from the same chart, notice the lack of a brow ridge here, and its easier to make a human interpretation, that could be a hair line on top, however notice the lack of a well defined chin.
Central Mississippi Stones Screen45

Greglafla likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum